[hpsdr] Help re Invalid Firmware warning on starting PowerSDR

Robert & Sally Culver rculver at adam.com.au
Sat Mar 6 14:22:06 PST 2010

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Help re Invalid Firmware warning on starting PowerSDR
Date: 	Sat, 06 Mar 2010 15:03:00 +1030
From: 	Robert & Sally Culver <rculver at adam.com.au>
To: 	mailto:hpsdr at lists.openhpsdr.org

I seek help for my set up of  LPU  (voltages check OK), Atlas and
various trial combinations of  Magister or Ozy (Gerd Loch version) +/-
Mercury.
Once power is connected the OZY's LEDs light, as per Ozy HPDSR
instructions, ie D7 but once PowerSDR is opened and "Start" control is
clicked. LED D2 flashes (slowly) D3 lights, D7 remains lit and D8
flashes quickly. There is a click heard.
The warning " Invalid Firmware Level Ozy>=16 Penelope>=12 Mercury>=27
Required" appears
The Setup in PowerSDR is correct as to what boards are present.
I have tried three different computers with recent downloads using
Tortoise svn, all load the USB driver properly (and are USB2 ) and have
.net 1 loaded. I reboot the PC and alter PowerSDR 'setup' after
configuration changes.
I get the same warning for both Gerd's Ozy or Magister, it makes no
difference if Mercury is present or not or different positions in Atlas.
The only step I haven't tried is a firmware download but I am suspicious
that isn't the problem.

Before I do this, I seek any comments for direction.

Thanks to all, for all the work that has gone before.

Robert Culver VK5RC