[hpsdr] Excalibur checkout

Chris Smith chris at vspl.co.uk
Wed Mar 17 14:26:29 PDT 2010

OK. Next problem. I finished Excalibur this morning after winding the toroid.

Then, following the "Checkout prior to first power application",  I checked the DC resistances from the 3 voltage TPs.

+6V was just about spot on at 2.5K to ground and +3.3V was close at 104K to ground BUT +5V to ground reads 14.4K to ground - more than 3 times what the manual suggests.

Should I be worried? I haven't yet applied power as I've had to work for my living today but was hoping to plug Excalibur into the Atlas back-plane tomorrow.

What have others found at this check? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers

Chris
G4NUX