[hpsdr] Alex update?

Henry Vredegoor henry.vredegoor at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 05:13:50 PST 2010

Hi Scotty, Graham, All,

I have a few technical questions about the changes for Alex; could you
please explain a little bit more?

- I understand that the currently used cores are manufactured in China,
a lower price beïng the main reason for doing so, but that they
initially did not meet the quality standards of TAPR; where/why more
exactly didn't they meet the spec?
- The circuits of the filters had to be changed to accommodate the China
manufactured cores.
   Are the quality or spec's  of the filters on the Alex boards
compromised by this change and if yes what are the resulting
differences/new specs/consquences?
- Would it still be possible to use the original cores (for maybe better
quality or  tighter specs) ?

I hope I am not bugging you too much with my questions, I highly
appreciate the outstanding job you are doing for us all.
But "Ham-Radio minds" want to know.......................    :-)

73's,

Henry.