[hpsdr] Alex update?

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Fri Mar 5 06:38:59 PST 2010

Henry, for the most part the toroids had somewhat different inductance
than specified but other than that performed OK.  So the main work has
been changing the turns count to get the correct inductance, and in a
couple of cases changing the associated capacitance to optimize the
filter performance.

After adjusting for the changed changed inductance, the stopband loss,
insertion loss, and power handling weren't much different between the
spec'd and actual toroids.

(We did network analyzer measurements of each filter with both the
spec'd Amidon toroids and the Chinese ones -- over 40 captured data sets
in all -- as well as 100W saturation tests of the transmit filters to
measure both heating and spurious generation.  These filters are *well*
characterized!)

John
----