[hpsdr] LPU Photo

Scott Cowling scotty at tonks.com
Sun Mar 21 22:14:04 PDT 2010

Hi Greg,

Check capacitor C23 for proper orientation and value (100uF 10V
tantalum).  U2 (+5V regulator) tends to oscillate with only 10uF of
ceramic bulk capacitance at its output.  You might check C11 on the
+12V regulator also, but it would not give you as much noise on
Mercury as the +5V one will if it oscillates.

There is a picture on the Wiki here:

http://openhpsdr.org/wiki/images/8/8f/LPU_BOT_sm.JPG

It is of the rev A PCB. Even though the artwork is different that the
rev B production PCBs, you can see the mods that include the larger
tantalum caps at C3, C7 and C11.  Rev B added 100uF tantalum caps C22
and C23 in parallel with C3 and C7, respectively and changed C3 to
47uF tantalum.

73,
Scotty WA2DFI