[hpsdr] Transverter setup

Alfred Green nu8i at cox.net
Tue May 18 10:33:30 PDT 2010

Bill Tracey wrote:
> Hi Alf,
>
> I think you caught me checking in some code that was not ready for
> prime time yet ... looks like I've broke the transverter setup stuff
> in some of the recent drops.   If you roll back to SVN  3470 of
> svn://64.245.179.219/svn/repos_sdr_windows/PowerSDR/branches/kd5tfd/PennyMerge/bin/Release
> I think you'll be able to do what you want to do.  (This one will
> announce itself with a date of 24Dec2009).   I'll work to fix the
> current code line in the next day or so.

Hey Bill,

Thanks for the suggestion. I went back to 3470 and sure enough the
transverter form works correctly now.
However, I do not have any output if the IF is out of band. If I set the
LO such that 28 > 222 I get full output, but 22 > 222 gives nothing. No
indications of a problem, it goes into TUN just fine, but no output.
This is in contrast to my 1.18.3 & SDR1000 setup. I just fired it back
up to make sure I wasn't imagining things. With the same transverter
configuration, 22 > 222 gives full IF output. If I set the freq to 221.9
it says 'Out of Band' and won't allow Tx, which is as I expected.
So, there is still a difference between the PSDR versions with the
frequency logic.

Tnx & 73,  Alf  NU8I