[hpsdr] Frequency and mode data to logging program with Magister HPSDR

John Petrich petrich at u.washington.edu
Thu May 20 17:41:31 PDT 2010

All,

I think that I might have solved my own problem.  Turned to the Flex 5000
Manual and read the section on CAT control.  The end result is that I
transferred my logging program from computer "A" to computer "B", the same
computer that PowerSDR is installed.  Then I installed and configured the
FlexRadio recommended virtual COM program.  Instant success!  I now appear
to have frequency and mode data transferring from PowerSDR to my logging
program.

My initial reason for having two separate computers was to free up all the
CPU resources on my older computer "B" for real-time operation of PowerSDR.
I've been very satisfied with the PowerSDR performance in that situation.
That said, analysis of the logging program, using Windows Task Manager,
showed that the logging program was using almost no CPU resources anyway.
So both programs are now on the same computer sharing the same CPU.  Let's
hope that the performance of PowerSDR hasn't been compromised.  I need some
time with this new configuration before that I'll be secure that this is a
good solution.

Jeremy helped me realize that the solution was not in Magister and that I
needed to dig a little deeper into the mysteries of PowerSDR.  The resources
on the reflector are truly amazing, and thanks.  My very best to all of you.

Regards,
John Petrich, W7FU