[hpsdr] PTT Problem

Jeff Cook jeffrie at talktalk.net
Mon May 31 13:14:10 PDT 2010

Hello Keith,

I had a similar problem in June of last year, and with a lot of help
from Bill Tracey found the problem to be a leakage to ground within R12
on the Ozymandias board.  You can make some resistance to ground
comparisons between R12 and R13 to see if there are some obvious
differences. R12 only cost me somewhere between one and two dollars and
cured my problem completely.  I didn't carry out the same tests as you
have, but the problem was very similar in that with PTT enabled in the
software HPSDR was in continual transmit.  With PTT disabled in the
software the unit worked normally but without the ability to use vox,
and also external software such as HRD and MixW could not put HPSDR into
transmit.

Jeff Cook, G0AFQ.