[hpsdr] .NET Framework 1.1

Erik Anderson erikba at odysseus.anderson.name
Mon Nov 1 12:26:36 PDT 2010

>From my knowedge an .exe is either 32bit or 64bit, it cannot be both (unless
you create two seperate versions of the exe).  When an exe is running, it
can only load .dll's of the same archtecture (32bit or 64bit) as it is.
 Unless someone is using some really-undocumented methods of switching
architectures in the middle of an exe (which I'm not even sure is possible),
the only way for a 32bit exe to use a 64bit dll (or vice versa) is to
somehow wrap the dll in its own seperate exe.

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 11:52 AM, Joe Martin K5SO <k5so at valornet.com> wrote:

> On my Win XP x64 OS system (64-bit) any 32-bit program is automatically run
> in x86 mode (32-bit emulation mode).
>
> Is that NOT the case with the newer Win 7 64-bit machines, George?  If Win
> 7 (64-bit) does automatically run 32-bit programs in an emulation mode is
> this discussion not moot as no special program labeling is then required?
>  If Win 7 (64-bit)  doesn't have such an automatic mode then the discussion
> certainly is not moot, of course.
>
> Joe
>

> On Nov 1, 2010, at 12:38 PM, Joe Martin K5SO wrote:
>
>  ***** High Performance Software Defined Radio Discussion List *****
>>
>> Ahhh!  Okay.  I understand.  Thank you.
>>
>> Joe K5SO
>>
>> On Nov 1, 2010, at 12:34 PM, george byrkit wrote:
>>
>>  Joe,
>>>
>>> The point is this: the app is either unmarked and runs as whichever your
>>> OS
>>> is (32 bit or 64 bit), which CAN work for KISS, because KISS doesn't use