[hpsdr] Gigabit Ethernet Switch Options?...

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Sun Nov 14 16:42:30 PST 2010

Hi Pete,

I would not rush out and purchase a Gigbit switch just for Metis. At the
moment we don't come close to using all the available bandwidth at 100T
and running at 1000T just draws a lot more current from the 5v rail
unnecesarialy.

The first release of Metis FPGA code (which you will be able to upgrade
via the Ethernet connection) will most likely be set to 100T anyway.

73 Phil....VK6APH