[hpsdr] ability to amplify pennywhistle (much) beyond 17W?

Tim O'Rourke w4yn at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 17 08:32:54 PST 2010

I have used Gerd's 100W amp (Penny in 100W out) for many months now.
I am not sure if it is still available due to finals being in short supply.
I drive a 1Kw Toyo HP amp with it set to 25-35 watts drive and around 400-500w out.
Have no issues with this set up.
I do now that QRPprojects is working on a 100W amp as we wright, not sure about input requirements but I would bet 5 watts or less.
Tim W4YN