[hpsdr] ability to amplify pennywhistle (much) beyond 17W?

Duffy na6mm_mm at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 17 07:02:13 PST 2010

Erik  I use the "Italian Amp" as I call it. I have a remote in Calif.
with a Kenwood TS2000 set to 20Watts out on hf. and use a SPE EXPERT
1KFA solid state amp 160 thru 6 meters. Mostly I leave it on half power
and get 500 to 600W out, Full pwr position gives me 1KW or more. It is
very quiet, has 2 radio inputs and 4 antenna outputs,good autotuner
built in, full auto protection circuits and a built in AC power supply.
The remote software works very well on windoze with full CAT control
also avail in it. My plan is to add Hermes, Pennywhistle  and Alex to it
,as the second radio  if they ever get done.  A little in gives a lot
out and I love this amp. Duffy NA6MM marine mobile on Tenn River near
Chattanooga right now.