[hpsdr] Alternative hardware for SDR

Charles Brain chbrain at btinternet.com
Fri Nov 19 00:09:52 PST 2010

Hello Paul,

You are not misreading the specs. My email was really
aimed at ~0.1% people on the list that are interested in
FPGA development. Maybe the title of my original message
was not that well chosen.  I posted here because there
are few places in the Amateur Radio world where you can address
the right people (that was a compliment to others on the list).
Both HFSIG and DSPSIG seem to have died sadly.

The DE2-115 has a much more powerful FPGA board than the
TAPR offering. It has a lot of connectivity (digital, audio and video)
and generous amounts of SDRAM, SRAM and Flash memory on it.

There is nothing stopping anyone writing interface code to the
Atlas bus if they wanted to and therefore not needing the $200
Terasic ADC/DAC board.

- Charles G4GUO