[hpsdr] Teamspeak items (softcore/FFT)

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Wed Nov 24 00:48:40 PST 2010

Hi Charles,

I'm interested in adding an FFT to Metis. One of our members has modified
the Mercury code to be a complete receiver i.e. filtering, demodulation
and AGC done in the FPGA. This way Mercury can be used as a remote
receiver and the data rate is OK to send over a VHF/UHF link.

I am intending the add an FFT to this project so you can have a remote
bandscope as well.

Part of the project is to implement the FFT, the other is to find an
elegant way of compressing the bandscope data.

I've tried the Altera Megafunction FFT and that compiles in the project
OK.  However, I need to write my own version since the purchase price is
too high.

I'm presently reading an ebook "An Introduction to Signal Processing and
Fast Fourier Transform" by Kevin McGee. It's the best detailed explanation
of the FFT that I've come across and highly recommended.

73 Phil....VK6APH