[hpsdr] Teamspeak items (softcore/FFT)

Charles Brain chbrain at btinternet.com
Wed Nov 24 01:15:23 PST 2010

Hi Phil,

Yes having a parametrized FFT in ones toolbox is pretty important.
For my DVB-T implementation I used one from a Intel application note
which uses MMX instructions to implement a 16 bit fixed point FFT
(it actually only has a resolution of 14 bits because of bit growth
inside the FFT).
That implementation is pipelined so it might make a suitable example
to start from when trying to do a pipelined FPGA FFT as the priciples
are similar.
It uses 2x2 butterflies (I recall) but they say it can be extended to
larger butterflies.

I was just hoping there was a free one I could blag :-)

- Charles G4GUO