[hpsdr] Interesting New Part from Intel

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Wed Nov 24 17:26:21 PST 2010

Hi Chris,

If you want a small remote receiver that can be mounted at the antenna
then that is available today.

One of our members has modified the Mercury code to become a complete
receiver i.e. filters, demodulation, AGC etc.

The output is recovered audio that can be fed over a cable or VHF/UHF link
etc.

There is a simple control channel that lets you select
mode/filters/frequency etc.

At present it does not have a bandscope but there should be enough room in
the Mercury FPGA to add one.

If you were to add a Metis board and a WiFi router then you could control
it from your iPhone etc.

Just a thought...

73 Phil...VK6APH