[hpsdr] MacHPSDR and Ipad

Richard Stasiak rstasiak at sympatico.ca
Sun Oct 24 14:21:48 PDT 2010

Hi Everyone

A few weeks ago I picked up an Ipad mostly out of curiosity to see
what all of the fuss was about.  I thought I would try it our for a
week or so and take it back if it was a dud.

Anyway, it's turned out to be a keeper.  I am surprised how well it is
as a document storage device.  It handles pdf files real well.  I am
able to get all of my work project drawings and specifications on it,
so I can refer to them easily when I am out of the office. There is
even an Autocad application on which you can edit drawings and
collaborate in real time with others.  I even downloaded a free
Teamspeak 2 app.

I know that this is all boring to all of us openhpsdr enthusiasts.
Now to the real reason for my post.

Today I realized that the Ipad may be able to process I & Q signals as
there is an Apple USB connection dongle that allows in and out with
stereo audio.

Here is a link to the some specifications for the device:

http://blog.faberacoustical.com/2010/ipad/usb-audio-on-ipad/

I am hoping Jeremy may see if he it would be possible to port his
MacHPSDR code to the Ipad to take advantage of the portability of this
device.

73

Rick ve3mm