[hpsdr] PowerSDR v1.19.3.1.diversity8 (K5SO 3OCT2010) / External clock interface header J1

Henry Vredegoor henry.vredegoor at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 07:44:52 PDT 2010

  Hi Joe, All,

First of all, thank you for making diversity possible for us!

I am experimenting with PowerSDR-Diversity using a setup with two
Mercury (TAPR) boards.
I am trying to use the external clock interface header J1 to use a
common 122.8 MHz clock.
I do not get it to work, it suspect there is no clock coming out of (or
going into?) J1.

I do not have an oscilloscope capable of displaying 100+ MHz to check
the presence of the 122.8 MHz clock on this header.
In this setup only one Mercury card works, the one with the 122.8 MHz
clock set to internal (switched cards to check this) the other one is
not running (no blinking LED's, no spectrum display) so I assume it is
not getting the 122.8 MHz clock.
Both cards set to internal works OK,  be it with two separate clocks of
course.

I am not sure from the provided info on the Wiki if this should work
right away, or if the external clock interface on J1 should be enabled
first via software?

I'm going to try and use the other method (clock fed directly to / from
JP1) now, but would prefer to use the above method.

73's,

Henry - PA0HJA