[hpsdr] PowerSDR v1.19.3.1.diversity9 (K5SO 5OCT2010)

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Wed Oct 6 06:12:40 PDT 2010

All,

Phil is correct.  It is not necessary to install a twisted wire pair
jumper between the Mercury boards if in PowerSDR you

1) select Setup>Excalibur, then on the Mercury boards

2) place a jumper on the CLKSEL "I" pins (lower two pins of the three
CLKSEL pins) on each of the Mercury boards,

3) place a jumper on JP9 (enabling the 122.88MHz oscillator) on each
Mercury board

4) place a jumper from the Atlas C16 pin to J8 (Aux Clk input) pin
nearest the FPGA

In which case both Mercury board 122.88 MHz oscillators will be locked
to the 10MHz clock on Atlas C16 coming from Excalibur (or whatever
external 10 MHz source you use).

I also recommend this configuration over the twisted wire pair
jumper.  I will adjust the instructions accordingly and remove the
photos of the jumpered Mercury boards on the website and references on
the Wiki.

Thanks, Phil.  It's better not to have jumpers between the boards, for
sure.

73,  Joe K5SO