[hpsdr] PowerSDR v1.19.3.1.diversity10 (K5SO 6OCT2010)

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Mon Oct 11 06:43:10 PDT 2010

Hi Gerd,

1) I assume that you have downloaded the "PowerSDR
v1.19.3.1.diversity9 distribution files" folder from http://k5so.com/HPSDR_downloads.html
.

2)  In that distribution package there is a folder entitled
"nRx_USB_Blaster_binaries_2OCT2010"

3)  Open the "nRx_USB_Blaster_binaries_2OCT2010" folder and run the
"Program-Mercury-EPCS16.bat" file once with each Mercury board.  Make
the menu selection to install Mercury v3.0 into each Mercury boards to
be sure you have the proper FPGA code in both.

4) Read and follow the installation instructions in the "ReadMe.txt"
file in the distribution folder to setup and install the supporting
files for PowerSDR v1.19.3.1.diversity9.

5) Be sure you have the jumpers on the the two Mercury boards as shown
in the photos at the link

http://k5so.com/HPSDR_downloads.html "Clock connections for dual
Mercury board operations (four steps, two photos)",

except, of course, that one board should be jumpered to address
"0" (as shown in photo 1, J5 GPIO pair 3,2 jumpered) and the other
Mercury board should be jumpered to address "1" by adding an
additional jumper next to the "0" address jumper on J5( GPIO pairs 3,2
and pair 5,4 jumpered for address "1") as described on the Wiki at

http://openhpsdr.org/wiki/index.php?title=Multi-Receiver

Note that Mercury J5 GPIO pair 3,2 sets the board for multiple Mercury
board operations while GPIO pair 5,4 sets the address to "0" (no
jumper) or "1" (jumper across pair 5,4).

5)  Run the "PowerSDR v1.19.3.1.diversity9 from the distribution
folder to ensure that the proper Ozy_Janus.rbf file gets loaded into
Ozy.  Check to be sure that the version reported by PowerSDR for the
Ozy board is "6.0".  This is presently the only version of the Ozy
FPGA code that properly puts the two IQ data streams out to the USB
port, as I noted in the Wiki description.

Hopefully following the steps above will solve your problem.  If not
please let me know what versions for Mercury and Ozy are being
reported by your PowerSDR v1.19.3.1.diversity9 program.  They should
be Mercury 3.0 and Ozy 6.0.

Let me know if you have trouble or these instructions aren't clear to
you.

Good luck!

73,  Joe K5SO