[hpsdr] PowerSDR v1.19.3.1.diversity10 (K5SO 6OCT2010)

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Mon Oct 11 07:19:18 PDT 2010

> On Oct 11, 2010, at 5:27 AM, Gerd Loch wrote:
>> Up to Mercury firmware version 2.5 I had modified the firmware to the
>> different clock speed and it is working wo any problems.

Gerd,

Prior to any of my diversity reception work there were modifications
made in the Mercury FPGA code that made early versions of Bill's
version of PowerSDR program incompatible with the latest Mercury
firmware.  Although the steps I mentioned in my previous email should
get you up and running with diversity reception I think I would first
try a single Mercury board using Bill's latest PowerSDR code.  The
Mercury firmware version that is compatible with Bill's PowerSDR
program is Mercury v2.9.  If you aren't able to get v2.9 running with
Bill's PowerSDR there is likely a fundamental problem somewhere that
will not allow the diversity program to work either.

Mercury v2.9 will work with a single Mercury board running Bill's
PowerSDR.

To run multiple Rx, either the PowerSDR v1.19.3.1 from W5WC or my
PowerSDR v1.19.3.1.diversity9, you need to have Mercury v3.0 firmware
installed in the Mercury board instead.

73,  Joe K5SO