[hpsdr] MacHPSDR and Ipad

Richard Stasiak rstasiak at sympatico.ca
Sun Oct 24 17:11:03 PDT 2010

Hi Jeremy

Thanks for the quick reply. I had a feeling that you may have already
been looking at the Ipad possibilities.

On 24-Oct-10, at 5:36 PM, Jeremy McDermond wrote:

> This would allow the iPad to work with a QSD/QSE type receiver like
> the softrock, but doesn't help you with OpenHPSDR at all.  What you
> need is a USB connection to plug Ozy/Metis into, and one doesn't
> really exist yet.

I thought that there may be a way to pass the Ozy data stream through
the Ipad USB interface and allow it to be processed by 'Ipadhpsdr'.
 From your description, it 'sounds' like the USB interface is tied to
audio data only.

>> I am hoping Jeremy may see if he it would be possible to port his
>> MacHPSDR code to the Ipad to take advantage of the portability of
>> this device.
>
> I've been thinking about this for a while, and there are at least
> three issues that have to be considered:

Thanks for the info on the differences between OSX and iOS. The Ipad
display is very crisp and the touch screen commands are intuitive. It
seems like it has enough processing horsepower to make a cool SDR
computer.

As suggested by Tony VK3JED, I'll take a look at Isdr.  I wonder where
I put my softrocks????

73

Rick ve3mm