[hpsdr] Hermes and Apollo Status

Steven B. Dick sbdick at optonline.net
Fri Sep 3 05:47:41 PDT 2010

Kjell and Phil, all's been quiet on activities on Hermes and Apollo.  I was
very excited when I first came across these in the website and wiki several
months ago;  The Hermes concept is a nice follow-on to Mercury and Penelope,
building on these projects but in a more compact and lower cost form of you
dont need/want the expansion/replacement capability of the Atlas backplane,
and the Apollo is a a great complement to Hermes, building on Pennywhistle
with added functionality of LPFs and ATU. I like the idea of a complete
compact low power transceiver but with other options for higher transmit
power if you need that.  I have not seen any further discussion since the
posts for Hermes about ethernet being preferred over USB and some noise
issues.  I understand other priorities on other projects are being worked,
but Hermes and Apollo seem to have fallen off the radar screen for awhile.
Are the final designs for these solidifying?  Might it be possible to put
Hermes Verilog code in the svn (the original USB version?)

Thank you and appreciate all of your talented and hard work.  Regards,
Steve, K1RF