[hpsdr] club presentation and whatnot

Dwayne L wraithx at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 3 12:36:41 PDT 2010

A few months ago, someone came out and spoke about SDR... actually the guy brought out his flex 5000 and showed how it was better than most of the radios on the market.

He didn't mention anything about openhpsdr, softrock, or any of the other projects out there. When I asked him, he didn't know that most existed. I thought it was kinda funny, shrugged it off and understood.

A few months later, and the club wants people to bring in their kits and homebrew equipment to show what can be done and is still being done. I thought it would be fun to bring in my atlas and whatever other components I may have.

Knowing full well that I will not have a fully functional tranceiver, I know I would do more talking than showing. I thought I would ask here, for some ideas on material to present. They've seen the flex, if I were to reference that, I would probably highlight the distinctions.

I am by far not an expert, I prefer to share enthusiasm rather than to pretend to know more than what I do. So if anyone has ideas, shoot em my way...

BTW, any idea how long it takes to get a magister and a mercury to my doorstep?