[hpsdr] club presentation and whatnot

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Fri Sep 3 12:56:52 PDT 2010

On Sep 3, 2010, at 12:36 PM, Dwayne L wrote:

> Knowing full well that I will not have a fully functional tranceiver, I know I would do more talking than showing. I thought I would ask here, for some ideas on material to present. They've seen the flex, if I were to reference that, I would probably highlight the distinctions.

I originally was drawn into OpenHPSDR because of a presentation that Dan Quigley, N7HQ, gave at the SeaPac 2009 conference.  I couldn't find his slides available from that one, but there are some slides from a very similar presentation he apparently gave at MicroHams 2009.  They're here:

http://www.microhams.com/digitalconf2009/3-n7hq_mhdc2009.ppt

It probably needs to be updated and massaged for your purposes and to reflect the new hardware that's either come out, or will be coming out.  It might give you some ideas though.

There are also slides from the presentations at this year's Dayton on TAPR's web page:

http://www.tapr.org/conf_tapr_dayton2010.html

This includes Scotty's "OpenHPSDR Update" that might have some useful ideas for you.  It also includes John's presentation on Linux software, and my presentation on MacHPSDR (as well as a great presentation on Embedded DSP by Lyle, and goofy pictures of John, KV0SDave, Dan, and me).  My stuff is more oriented towards Mac programming, but there might be some useful stuff in there.  At the very least, the two software presentations show something that Flex doesn't have:  Software on platforms other than Windows. :)

Hope this gives you a place to start.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems