[hpsdr] Ghpsdr3 questions

Gar Fisher grrrrr at telus.net
Sat Sep 4 15:00:59 PDT 2010

I am attempting to get Ghpsdr3 to run on my Ubuntu 10.04 box.  I downloaded everything from SVN repository, and attempted to run the pre built executables in /trunk/bin ( the wiki said there were prebuilt binaries in the download).  The server, client(s) binaries would not run ( no error messages, just a message to the effect that the binaries will not run).

Am I looking in the right in the right place for the executables?

Do I have to build these apps just for my system, i.e. a make clean?

Is there a newbie guide out there for setting up Ghpsdr3 on a linux box?

I seem to be missing something fundamental here!

I should say that Ghpsdr runs fine on my machine, except for one problem with the preamp being engaged upon a cold startup and causing all H to break loose with the ADC ( it overloads/overranges and you get a mishmash of BC band heterodynes on the panadapter screen).  You cannot turn the preamp off from the rx gui.  The only way to fix it is to plug the usb into the windows or mac machines and start up PowerSDR or MAChpsdr which seems to init the preamp properly  (off).  After that, I can then plug the usb back into the Linux box, start Ghpsdr, and use it normally.

Your assistance in this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Gar Fisher

VA7GRR