[hpsdr] Update & Help with Hermes Development

Anthony Taylor anthonytaylorengg at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 5 05:40:00 PDT 2010

Hello Folks,

We have been able to reduce the Rx and Tx Spurs on Hermes Beta with some Ground Plane modifications, the current WIP is to replace the USB interface with a Gigabit PHY,

I would greatly appreciate it if someone with a working ATLAS/MERCURY/PENNY/OZY/MAGISTER setup could do a Rx spur count so that I could compare the performance with Hermes. What you would need to do is to attach a dummy load or a 50 ohm resistance to the Mercury antenna input and do a sweep from 1.8Mhz through 54Mhz and check for spurs and their strength on the panadapter. If you have the Penny keep it on standby so that we are able to also see the spurs if any generated by it.

73s,

Tony