[hpsdr] dual Mercury boards with modified PowerSDR 1.19.3.1

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Tue Sep 7 18:45:48 PDT 2010

Using Visual Studio 2008 I have been able to successfully modify
PowerSDR version 1.19.3.1 to use two Mercury receiver boards
simultaneously on the Atlas bus in a constant-gain diversity mode with
all of the features that exist in PowerSDR v1.19.3.1, including the
multiple receivers option (on both Mercs simultaneously) and the
fantastic "skins" options from Beppe's artwork that make the front
panel display of that version look so wonderful.

THANK YOU SO MUCH to Doug W5WC and Bill KD5TFD and all of you who
contributed to bring the HPSDR software and hardware to the point
where I can manage to modify it myself and make the HPSDR system do
true diversity Rx in a setup that also allows Tx functionality, and
looks great too!   The diversity Rx capability is perfect to eliminate
the usually troubling Faraday rotation fades and associated "lock
outs" that are normally so irritating on 70 cm EME.

Note that this minor success on my part illustrates yet again that the
fundamental HPSDR concept of "users being able to modify the software
to suit their needs" is actually realistic!  You don't have to be a
professional programmer to do it!

Wonderful performance!

73,  Joe K5SO