[hpsdr] Invalid Firmware Level

Merv Thomas vk6bmt at iinet.net.au
Wed Sep 8 07:28:48 PDT 2010

Hi,

Have had to reformat HDD and re-install Win XP SP3 and all operating
software.

Followed the Quick Startup Guide but when I run OpenHPSDR edition of
FlexRadio Systems PowerSDR(KD5TFD 6 Sept 2010-derived from Ver1.10.4 Base
SVN 2025) I get the error message "Invalid Firmware level.  OZY
 >=16,Penelope >=12 and Mercury >=27 required.

Have uploaded the latest svn files and placed them in the appropriate
folders but note that the files labelled EP4, and EP6 have no data in them.

It is so long ago that I set up my original software for my HPSDR
rig(Atlas,Janus,Ozy,Mercury,Penelope)that I have forgotten where to go from
here!!  I seem to remember I need various utilities for OZY and Mercury etc.

Libsub0.dll has loaded OK and the device appears in Devices as correctly
installed and working(must be otherwise I could not get to the point in
PowerSDR to get the error message)?

All help suggestions welcomed - I want to get this great system up and
running again.

Merv  VK6BMT