[hpsdr] PowerSDR shows firmware version o for both the Mercury and Penelope firmware.

David Dessardo david_dessardo at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 30 05:17:19 PDT 2010

Hi,
I have recently put together the HPSDR and have the following configuration:
Mercury, Penelope, Magister and Atlas.
PowerSDR Software is 6th Sept 2010, V1.10.4 + BaseSVN 2025.
There is communication from the PowerSDR to the Magister in that it recognises the USB connectivity and it reports firmware Ozy FX2 20090524.
For both the Penelope and Mercury versions, it reports firmware version 0. For the Ozy is also reports firmware version 0. I have confirmed with Gerd that Penelope is loaded with version 1.2 Firmware.
So far, I have checked the backplane for any shorts and can't seem to find anything. The power supply voltages are OK. I have swapped different slot positions to no avail.
I have checked the jumper settings for both Penelope and Mercury and that seems ok. Also the lights match with the documenation. I cannot find any user manual
on the Magister board so unsure if the link settings are correct. I am a bit lost on where to from here and would like to know what my next step in diagnostics could be.
Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance David D.  VK3TBC.