[hpsdr] New HPSDR card for VHF/UHF ?

Anthony Taylor anthonytaylorengg at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 8 20:52:48 PDT 2010

Hello Grant,

I have working  2M transverter using the 122.88Mhz clock buffered with a GALI-74 MMIC, I have enough drive to use a 17dB mixer, although currently i'm using an ADE-2+ which provides an ip3 of 20dB. The advantage here is that not only is the phase noise of your LO very good but it's phase locked to a 10Mhz internal TCXO.

I tried the alias approach and did not like what I saw, you need quite a bit of gain before the ADC, using a 122.88Mhz clock the unwanted aliases are far enough on 2M for this scheme to be practical on 2M, however, it's a different story on 70cm.

73s,

Tony