[hpsdr] New HPSDR card for VHF/UHF ?

Grant Hodgson grant at ghengineering.co.uk
Thu Sep 9 13:48:03 PDT 2010

Shel

Many thanks for the link to Leif's site - I'd forgotten about that plot.  So
Leif measures -97dBc at 10kHz for a modified FT225;  approx -120 dBc is
available now using the uWSDR 2.3GHz LO divided by 16, so the LO should not be
a problem.

The issue of a high-performance IF sub-system may not be as bad as I had
initially guessed; your idea of using a MMIC after the mixer is a good one -
although it may be necessary to use one with a higher IP3 than the MAV-11, and
it may be that a simple low-pass filter is all that is required after it - the
1st IF is something that I haven't had chance to think about in any sort of
detail.

regards

Grant

On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 21:28:13 +0100, ct1izu wrote