[hpsdr] [OT] looking for Windows-7 Home Basic

Mark J Dulcey mark at buttery.org
Wed Sep 15 03:51:20 PDT 2010

On 9/14/2010 8:56 PM, Ken N9VV wrote:

> Hi, I am not having any luck finding a bargain
> copy of Windows-7 Home Basic edition. They are
> all around $100 - which is too steep for my
> small Ham budget.

Home Basic is not sold in the US, only in "emerging markets". Home
Premium is the version that usually costs about $100. The cheapest
version of Windows 7, Starter, is only available pre-installed on computers.

Rumor has it that the Family Pack will be returning in October. That
gives you three licenses for Home Premium for $150.