[hpsdr] Metis Gigabit Ethernet Board Announcement

Scott Cowling scotty at tonks.com
Tue Sep 21 13:05:26 PDT 2010

Hi Everyone,

The new Metis board, formerly known as OzyII, has been put up on the
interest list on hamsdr.com. Thanks to Eric AA4SW and Dale WA8SRA.

This is a Gigbit Ethernet board for the Atlas backplane that allows
you to enjoy much increased data bandwidth over the slower
Ozy/Magister USB 2.0 rates.

Here is the wiki link to Metis:

http://openhpsdr.org/wiki/index.php?title=METIS

This board has a huge Altera Cyclone 3C40 FGPA on it, which gives it
tremendous capabilities.

Please go to

http://www.hamsdr.com

and show your interest in purchasing one of these. As usual, there is
no obligation at this time. TAPR is trying to judge interest in the
board so we can determine how many to build in our production run.

The final Alpha build is happening right now, so you can expect
boards within a few months.

73,
Scotty WA2DFI