[hpsdr] Mercury and Magister Now Under OHL

Dave Larsen kv0s.dave at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 12:14:06 PDT 2010

Dwayne --

  No published plan of the openHPSDR group we are very informal group.
However we have not stopped working.  there are several new board that
will be coming out in the the next 6 months to a year.

The TAPR organization has publicly state they are not interested in
being a longterm board vendor.  They fund the advancement of technology
in Amateur Radio.  To that end they when asked provide support of the
development and test of new boards.  This expense can be in the tens of
thousands per board.  If TAPR supports a board they ask that they have
the right to produce one run of the board to recoop the investment. then
this money is reinvested in other TAPR projects.

With the Open Hardware License anyone willing to invest in the board
manufacture can make a run of boards.  The intent is to encourage people
to continue to produce boards and we know that they work as expected if
built as described.

As volunteer experimenter the openHPSDR team continue for develop new
ideas and make improvements based what we learn form various projects.
Be assured that there will be more boards.  This is a process so just
jump in and try to find a place where you can contribute.

Dave, KV0S