[hpsdr] Heterodyne Release 0.1.0.018

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Tue Apr 12 07:00:00 PDT 2011

I have just released Heterodyne version 0.1.0.018.  The big change in this version is that there is now an integrated "command mode" firmware loader for Metis.

Heterodyne will automatically check your Metis version against a bundled version with the latest firmware (right now version 1.2).  It will offer to upgrade the firmware for you when you first start up the Metis Driver (either at startup, or when you switch to it in the drivers preferences panel).  I intend to do a software update revision on Heterodyne whenever Phil releases a new version of the Metis firmware, so this should keep folks up to date with a minimum of effort.

There is also an "Upgrade Metis..." selection in the Metis Driver's preferences pane.  This allows you to load arbitrary firmware files into your Metis board.  Note that Heterodyne will still perform the version check if you've loaded a freaky firmware version, so you will have to remind it not to upgrade your firmware.  There is currently no "don't remind me again" functionality, but I might add it in a future version.

For those interested in how it works, I've done another screencast on YouTube at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKYchsMDyEA

I have pushed the update out through Sparkle Updater, so those that are using it should see an update the next time they launch the program.  You can always download the latest version of Heterodyne from:

http://www.nh6z.net/Heterodyne/Heterodyne.zip

You can report bugs at:

http://mcdermj.lighthouseapp.com

Also thanks to Steve Lewis for the new Heterodyne icon.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com