[hpsdr] HPSDR Signal Overload ( In the digital processing???)

Luke Steele mail10 at barefoothorse.com.au
Wed Apr 6 05:41:47 PDT 2011

Hi Mike,
I have been seeing something similar to what you describe the past week or
so, from time to time.
On the higher bands, 17m and up I set the Preamp "On" and I run tuned
antenna systems for all bands. I have seen the ADC Overload message
flashing at times.
Tonight I noticed some receiver overloading on 80m, with an S9+30dB signal
just down the band a little.
What I am seeing, I suspect is an overall increase in band noise and
signals with increased propagation.
Storm static seems to have some influence, but back in early Summer some
months ago, the storm static didn't seem to overload the receiver.
I'm wondering if a receiver bandpass filter, and switched attenuator might
soon be necessary? I presently don't use any BP filtering ahead of Mercury.

Luke VK3HJ