[hpsdr] HPSDR Signal Overload ( In the digital processing???)

Mike F mikecf100 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 14:38:32 PDT 2011

When I first saw this problem and did a couple of screen captures the
band noise was quite high.  I turned preamp off prior to the screen
captures.  I also verified that the adc overload light was not lighting.

The problem was being caused by a single transmission from an additional
station within my 192 kHz bandwidth out of the 61.44 MHz total band
width.  It doesn't make sense that one station within my greatly
processed, filtered, and decimated display window would be adding enough
energy to the total 61.44 Mhz spectrum so that adc overload produced the
results I described.  Further, I have an analog LP filter that is down
80 dB at 41 MHz.  This could be the result of an overflow in the digital
signal processing.

Since my last post to the forum I have seen the same conditions when the
band noise was substantially lower than during the original observation.

I sent an email to Phil Harmon and Jeremy McDermond earlier today that
had my screen captures attached.  Let me know if you are interested in them.

Mike Fager, K7SR