[hpsdr] Boat Anchors..PreAmps

Tom Holmes tholmes at woh.rr.com
Fri Apr 8 09:51:26 PDT 2011

Hi Phil...

Re: "Before starting the design of Mercury I was advised by a well know
mathematician that all the signals in the input bandwidth will add together
and overload the ADC. In which case don't bother trying to build such a
receiver."

Seems to me that same problem would be just as likely with ANY receiver
architecture that runs out of headroom, which I am pretty sure would be all
of them :-).

Tom Holmes, N8ZM
Tipp City, OH
EM79