[hpsdr] Metis_V1.2 and KISS Konsole V1.0.4 available

K1rqg at aol.com K1rqg at aol.com
Sat Apr 9 08:21:13 PDT 2011

Phil

Still some issues on XP and 2 ethernet ports, but moved to WIN 7-64 and a
cheap
switch, and up and running two instances of PowerSDR, W5WC (4/9/11) with
Metis,
Mercury & Penelope and K5SO Diversity (6 Mar 2011) with Metis,  Excalibur,
Penelope
and dual Mercury boards. Running these insures different xml files with no
need to
redirect on startup.

Thanks for the smart firmware Phil on Metis 1.2. Now that each instance has
 a known
IP address, they can be started in any order.

Beware of conflicts with PTT and CAT assignments in PowerSDR. This can be
very
dangerous if you have two systems running high power and no receiver
protection!!!

Next thing would be nice to have two instances of DDUtil, but I think that
is asking a lot!

BTW, my CPU usage on receive with both running is averaging about 8% and
both in
Panafall mode.

Next I will try running one system with Metis and the other with
Magister/OZY and let
you know how it works.

73 de Joe
K1RQG

In a message dated 4/9/2011 10:48:48 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,