[hpsdr] Further Observations on the PowerSDR Noise Blanking Process

David McQuate mcquate at sonic.net
Tue Apr 19 08:38:08 PDT 2011

Mike,
   Your surmise is correct.  Noise blanking is performed before the
bandwidth filters are applied.  This is the same order as is usually
done in analog radios.  In reducing the bandwidth, the filters slow the
rise & fall times of the signal, "smearing out" noise impulses, making
them harder to remove.  And yes, noise processing is usually done in the
time domain.
73,
Dave
wa8ywq