[hpsdr] METIS PROBLEM - Direct PC Connection

Maximo EA1DDO_HK1DX ea1ddo at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 20 01:34:54 PDT 2011

Hi,

Check your Firewall.

73, Maximo - EA1DDO

From: hansvk5yx at bigpond.com
To: hpsdr at openhpsdr.org
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 13:31:58 +0930
Subject: [hpsdr] METIS PROBLEM - Direct PC Connection

I'm experiencing a problem when I power up with Metis.
I get the "Limited Connectivity" message from WinXP, and "details" show IP address 169.254.163.71
Metis is connected directly to the PC with a CAT 5 cable.
LED 0 shows SLOW flashing - 100T
LED 6 shows FAST flashing - DHCP timeout
LED 12 shows "Heartbeat" OK.
When PowerSDR is started, after a while, the "Error Starting HPSDR" message appears.
Also, LED  9 is ON.
I'm using PowerSDR v1.19.3.3 (W5WC - 3/6/11) downloaded from the HPSDR website.
It all works OK when using OZY
Have I missed something?
Hans VK5YX

I'm experiencing a problem when I power up with
Metis.
I get the "Limited Connectivity" message from
WinXP, and "details" show IP address 169.254.163.71
Metis is connected directly to the PC with a CAT 5
cable.
LED 0 shows SLOW flashing - 100T
LED 6 shows FAST flashing - DHCP
timeout
LED 12 shows "Heartbeat" OK.
When PowerSDR is started, after a while, the "Error
Starting HPSDR" message appears.
Also, LED  9 is ON.
I'm using PowerSDR v1.19.3.3 (W5WC - 3/6/11)
downloaded from the HPSDR website.
It all works OK when using OZY
Have I missed something?
Hans VK5YX