[hpsdr] METIS PROBLEM - Direct PC Connection

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Wed Apr 20 04:03:37 PDT 2011

Hi Hans,

Check that you can ping your Metis board.  Its APIPA IP address will be 169.254.X.Y where X and Y are the last two bytes of the MAC address of your Metis board.

You can use HPSDRProgrammer to get the MAC address (just do a Discovery and its automatically displayed). So for example lets say your MAC address is

00:09:F6:55:5E:8E

then the IP address will be 169.254.95.142

If you are still having problems then do a Wireshark trace when starting PowerSDR and send me the file.

73 Phil....VK6APH