[hpsdr] Metis quit working (I killed it???)

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Mon Apr 25 18:34:26 PDT 2011

Hi Mike,

Don't fret, I doubt that you killed it.

1)  Detailed instructions about how to use HPSDR Programmer can be
found at

http://openhpsdr.org/documents.php

as well as a document that explains how Metis works.

2)  Keep in mind that JP1 should NOT be in place when trying to update
Metis firmware but JP1 MUST be in place when updating Mercury or
Penelope firmware.

3)  Metis will not work normally if JP1 is kept in place after
updating Mercury or Penelope, remove JP1 for normal operation and for
updating Metis firmware.

If these above items are not the problem ask again and I'm sure we can
figure out what is wrong.

73,  Joe K5SO