[hpsdr] Loading Mercury

Isaac Weksler iweksler at bezeqint.net
Tue Apr 26 01:00:52 PDT 2011

> Hi, all.

I am looking for a solution to the following:

I wish to use the HPSDR as a receiver and the TS850 transceiver as
transmitter. I have Gerd's antenna switch. I connected the TS850 to the
transmitter connector of the switch. The switch is triggered to TX by
Penelope in response to MOX from PowerSDR which is controlled by HRD CAT
application. In order to sync TS850 with PowerSDR a second instance of HRD
is opened which controls the TS850 through a RS232 connection. In this
configuration I could not find a way to sync the PTT since the HRD Sync
synchronizes the frequency and the mode of the rigs but not the PTT.
So, the 1st question: is there a way to sync PTT in HRD?

I tried the TRX-Manager CAT app by F6DEX. It has a Synchro function that
synchronizes the PTT of the two radios as well as the frequency and the
mode. However, there is a short delay between the moment the actual PTT's
switching moments. I'm worried by what happens when TS850 is transmitting
(100W) while HPSDR is in RX (may take about 500ms). Can it cause damage to
Mercury?

Anybody tried to use a similar configuration and synchronize the PTT's so
that the switching is done properly? E.g. PowerSDR goes to TX a short time
before TS850 and returns to RX a bit after the TS850 switches to RX. I'd
prefer a SW solution.

Isaac 4Z1AO