[hpsdr] Metis quit working

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Tue Apr 26 17:37:50 PDT 2011

Hi Joe,

You wrote:

>  If NONE of the status LEDs are
> lit (as happened to me and a few others now) then the programming in
> the EPROM has become corrupted or erased and it will be necessary for
> you to re-program the EPROM on Metis with a blaster cable in order to
> recover.

If the Metis code in the EEPROM has accidently been erased then before
re-programming put the board in Bootloader mode. The part of the EEPROM
that holds the Bootloader code is not accessible from the Metis code so
its quite likely that you can still run the Bootloader and use it to
recover the Metis code.

73 Phil...VK6APH