[hpsdr] Steady Waterfall

Roger Rehr 73w3sz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 10:53:18 PDT 2011

If you try the 'large FFT' variation of PowerSDR that I posted last
year and again last month, it has a modified Linrad waterfall display
color scale [in addition to the standard Linrad color scale display]
that automatically adjusts the signal strength range over which the
color scale is applied, based on the noise floor and the maximal
signal strength detected.  It automatically compensates for changes in
the noise floor.

The code [both source and binaries] is at:

http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz/HPSDR-PowerSDR-Metis-W3SZ.zip

The zipped file is large, approx 100 MB

Unfortunately, I did not change the code to keep the center of the
waterfall frequency scale at a fixed frequency, which I agree would be
EXTREMELY desirable.

73,

Roger Rehr
W3SZ