[hpsdr] PowerSDR Wish List

Luke Steele mail10 at barefoothorse.com.au
Wed Apr 27 19:12:23 PDT 2011

This is probably a comment rather than a wishlist item, as I believe I have
simply observed a limitation of PowerSDR.

Sometimes DX ops use a large split when using SSB. For example, on 40m
calling below 7100 kHz, and listening up around 7185, or 7215, etc.
Similarly on 20m, for reason of the split band segments of different US
licence classes. With one Mercury board fitted and using the sub receiver I
find I cannot use dual receiver instances when such wide splits are used. I
can still split the old fashioned, single receiver way by toggling the
"A<>B" VFO button to hear alternately the DX and the QSX. Naturally I have
explored the different sampling rates, and can get a wider split on 192
kHz, but still find that I cannot have receivers operating on both DX and
QSX frequencies simultaneously.
This is probably of minor inconvenience to me, as I mostly use 96 kHz
sampling rate, and operate CW, where the splits are almost never greater
than several kHz. But I thought I might just raise this as an issue, incase
I have overlooked something obvious and someone can set this straight for
me! Other than this, my HPSDR system is the best transceiver I have used.
73,
Luke VK3HJ