[hpsdr] PowerSDR Wish List

David McQuate mcquate at sonic.net
Thu Apr 28 09:30:41 PDT 2011

There are versions of the Mercury fpga code that support up to 4
simultaneous independent receivers.  John Melton has been writing PC
programs that support this capability, especially on Linux.  His
approach includes a "server" that interfaces to the hardware and splits
out data streams for each of the receivers, sending those via UDP
packets (ethernet).  Up to 4 instances of "dspserver" perform all the
filtering & digital processing.  A like number of user interface
instances allow the user to adjust frequency, bandwidth, etc.  For
Linux, "ghpsdr3" provides these capabiilities for receive.  He's working
on extending all pieces to include transmit, and to do it in a way that
is easily ported to different platforms (Linux, Windows...).  (The
server now supports either USB ("Ozy") or ethernet ("Metis") connection
between the PC and the hpsdr hardware.)  An early version having minimal
(but useful) control of multiple receivers has been ported to Windows.

http://openhpsdr.org/wiki/index.php?title=Ghpsdr3

73,
Dave
wa8ywq