[hpsdr] Hermes Interest

Abhi Arunoday abhiarunoday at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 11:36:17 PDT 2011

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for clarifying this, sure we can double decker 2 ADCs.....at least
they won't be lonely :)

Abhi

On Monday, August 8, 2011, Jeremy McDermond <mcdermj at xenotropic.com> wrote:
> On Aug 7, 2011, at 3:23 AM, Abhi Arunoday wrote:
>
>> Hi Jeremy,
>>
>> I put in the "Caveat"  as I do understand that this would be NO trivial
exercise :),

> I figured you did, but I wanted to make sure that everyone else did as
well. :)  I could just see someone after Hermes is released saying that
"Ahbi said that you could do it, when are you guys coming out with it!"

>> There would have to be a single 122.88Mhz master clock and a  10Mhz
reference source driving both the cards (adding a jumper wire with 122.88Mhz
@ 1.5v PP is not a good idea if you have Penelane/lope anywhere near it),
there is also the issue of correctly correlating the data from the two
boards as you have already pointed out, in fact the thought of adding a
second ADC on Hermes did accur to me when I was working on the PCB but trust
me looking at the component density and crosstalk issues I immediately
discarded the notion,

>> The idea of adding even one more resistor to the Hermes board for some
reason does not seem to be very entertaining thought for some weird reason
:)